User Experience Designer, UI/UX designer
Store employees at Dollarama use iOS devices to perform their administrative tasks, including inventory counts, receiving and transferring merchandise, requesting new employees, training, and more. More than 12 different applications are constantly evolving and were developed by an internal team.
The user experience designer is responsible for the design of the various mobile applications used by store employees. The person must be able to define business needs and design a simple and intuitive application concept, while respecting Dollarama standards.
The UI/UX Designer will need to interact with people working in different departments in the company to understand the current process and define the improved process, as well as with end users to define the optimal experience. The person is the key player in the mobile development cycle, which includes: Analysis of the current situation, definition of future requirements, conceptualization of the app structure and data architecture, creation of mock-ups, writing of development requirements, design assistance and UAT. The person will also have to optimize the mobile development cycle.
The mandate will mainly focus on digital store projects, but the person will also be required to work on digital projects of all kinds.
- Manage the prioritization of projects according to guidelines and business needs;
- Collect, analyze and document business needs;
- Conduct workshops;
- Propose value-added solutions to meet needs, based on available technologies (Mobile iOS, SAP ERP);
- Conceptualize the proposed solution (writing of business requirements and creating mock-ups); and
- Collaborate with different departments and SAP development teams.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, business administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to support several projects simultaneously;
- Thoroughness and focused on the end user;
- Leadership, autonomy and versatility;
- Ability to work under pressure with stakeholders from different levels and departments;
- Experience working in the digital environment, an asset;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written; and
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.