Team Leader, Distribution (evening shift)
Reporting to the Distribution Supervisor, the Team Leader will support the management team in planning and organizing the daily operations of the department, allocating resources and executing processes, as well as maintaining a safe and positive work environment while respecting the values and ethics of Dollarama.
- Analyze floor operations, define priorities and allocate team resources according to the operational needs of the work shift;
- Ensure the operational productivity of the team and support members in achieving productivity targets;
- Promote health and safety standards, and ensure that the team works in a safe environment;
- Ensure that the inspection of equipment is done by workers and that mechanical problems are addressed;
- Identify training needs for the distributors, and make recommendations for improvement;
- Ensure the scanning of all pallets sent for distribution
- Analyze distribution error reports and forward the information to the people concerned;
- Coordinate with the central aisle department to respect the distribution of pallets by respecting the FIFO method;
- Coordinate the use of electric pallet trucks at the start and end of the shift, and clean up at the end of the shift;
- Generate worksheets for dispatchers, missing labels for distribution and productivity reports;
- Control the fluidity of the department so that it is adequate;
- Make recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team.
- College degree in administration, supply chain, operations management, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a similar position;
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time and manage priorities;
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications, particularly Excel;
- Good communication and leadership skills;
- Organized, rigorous and great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-volume environment.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.