Team Leader, Accounts Payable
Reporting to the Manager, Accounts Payable, the team leader is able to meet tight deadlines and manage a high volume of work. He must supervise the team, ensure the accuracy of their work as well as train and welcome new members. He must also execute the full cycle of accounts payable, report creation and act as a resource person with suppliers and other departments.
- Ensure the training and onboarding of new members as well as updating the skills of the entire team on a regular basis;
- Assign tasks to different team members according to each person's workload;
- Ensure the accuracy of the work of the entire team, verify invoices entered in the EDI system and identify any corrections to be made;
- Ensure that the work schedule is respected by all members of his group;
- Assist employees in the investigation of missing or abnormal accounts and carry out the investigation of more complex accounts and general ledger accounts;
- Validate that all invoices have been received and entered in the various systems by the end of the month;
- Manage supplier accounts statements;
- Create the various reports at the end of the month;
- Respond to supplier requests and perform follow-ups;
- Act as a resource person for the logistics team when issues arise;
- Support the manager in the annual evaluations of his team members;
- Perform the full cycle of accounts payable including month-end closure.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or any other equivalent training;
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in accounts payable management;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in team supervision or having demonstrated leadership within a work team;
- Excellent skills in coordinating work and mobilizing a team;
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and the ability to multitask;
- Skills in problem solving, documentation and data analysis;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment;
- Good proficiency of Excel and knowledge of SAP;
- Ability to manage time and priorities;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite of applications;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.