Supervisor, Merchandise movement – Conveyors (evening shift)
Reporting to the shipping manager, the supervisor will support the management team with the planning and organization of daily wrapping and shipping operations. He will also be responsible for resource optimization, process execution, and maintaining a safe and healthy work environment while promoting the company’s values and ethics.
- Dispatch the team according to priorities and operational needs for the shift;
- Assess and ensure the operational productivity of pallet conveyors. Create action plans to reduce the gaps between planning and execution;
- Follow up on the productivity of pallet conveyors and team leaders under his responsibility;
- Promote SST standards and ensure rules are respected so the team works in a safe environment at all times;
- Identify training needs for the team, provide coaching and apply corrective measures as needed;
- Identify quality and inventory management issues and propose corrective action plans to the manager;
- Ensure the department’s smooth and optimal operation;
- Analyse the work environment and equipment used by the team, and make recommendations;
- Supervise the collection of data used to produce KPIs;
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement procedures for the department;
- Maximize resources according to absences and operational needs;
- Verify and validate time sheets in Kronos;
- Participate in the recruitment process and in the development of team members;
- Review various reports for the department, ensure their integrity and explain gaps flagged in them.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, logistics chain, operations management or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- At least two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Proven ability in mentoring, coaching, supervision and team development;
- Good communication skills;
- Organized, meticulous and attention to details;
- Ability to interpret performance indicators;
- Ability to coordinate several activities at the same time;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high volume.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.