Supervisor, Distribution (day shift and evening shift)
We are looking for a dynamic, rigorous individual who demonstrates leadership and who will support the management team in the planning and organization of the day-to-day operations of the department, optimization of resources and execution of processes, while maintaining a safe and positive work environment and respecting the values and ethics of the company.
The person must have good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to adapt to a changing, diverse and high-volume environment.
- Assign team members according to the priorities and operational needs of the shift;
- Evaluate and ensure operational productivity of the team and implement strategies to minimize planning and execution discrepancies;
- Monitor the productivity of the team under his supervision;
- Promote Health & Safety standards, insure the team works in a safe environment and follow procedures in the event of a workplace accident;
- Identify training needs across the team, coach workers and apply corrective measures as needed;
- Identify issues related to the quality and management of the inventory, and make recommendations to the manager;
- Ensure compliance with the FIFO method of pallets received and act as a liaison person between the distribution and reception departments;
- Ensure operational fluidity within the department so that it is optimal;
- Analyze and make recommendations related to the work environment and the equipment used by the team;
- Participate in the implementation of continuous improvement procedures across the department;
- Supervise the collection of data used for the generation of KPIs;
- Participate in the recruitment process and the development of members of the department;
- Review and ensure the integrity of the various reports for the department and explain the discrepancies raised by the reports.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, supply chain, operations management or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop a team;
- Ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously;
- Good knowledge of the Office suite of applications, particularly Excel;
- Ability to interpret KPIs;
- Good communication skills;
- Organized, rigorous and great attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-volume environment;
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.