The Warehouse Manager is a critical role as they will be responsible for supporting the business in achieving its goals through inbound receipt and management of product and outbound delivery of product to the distribution centre. The Warehouse Manager will be successful through managing people, processes and systems within the warehouse, ensuring productivity targets are met and maintained, workplace health and safety requirements are met, and taking responsibility for security of the building and stock.
- Financial and productivity management of operations, managing costs and budget of warehouse operations;
- Planning, leading, and organizing the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, which includes but is not limited to, receiving merchandise, inventory management, configuration of available space, assembly, and order shipment;
- Monitoring key indicators and adjusting direction and strategy as needed to maximize productivity in a multicultural, fast paced, and growing environment;
- Establishing process and procedures and developing a workforce plan, which will optimize resources and results;
- Establishing and maintaining a good relationship with the different functions, the distribution centre, and suppliers;
- Fostering an environment where employees are engaged, committed and motivated, through providing strong coaching and development/learning opportunities;
- Setting goals for employees, driving and managing performance;
- Promoting and ensuring that all health and safety standards are met;
- Ensuring the management of equipment and building maintenance;
- Leading and coordinating the project management of warehouse improvement in order to meet the warehouse objectives; and
- Upholding a building/facility that is well maintained (lighting, security, equipment).
- A University Degree, preferably in logistics management, inventory management, operations or industrial engineering.
- A minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in a management role, with a demonstrated understanding and experience of the overall supply chain concepts within a network. Experience ideally gained within the fast-moving retail sector.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems is essential; ideally experience gained with radio frequency and SAP.
- Demonstrated experience managing budgets and productivity levels.
- Will demonstrate advanced competency in: problem solving, business and opportunity analysis.
- The ideal candidate will have a high energy level, be self-motivated, results oriented as well as creative, innovative and flexible.
- The incumbent will be able to point to specific examples of leading change initiatives and processes that have contributed to strong business results and led to the development of a high-performance organization.
- The successful candidate will have a track record of managing and developing strong teams.
- The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies: drive for results; interpretative and root cause analytics; effective team builder and ability to develop direct reports; business acumen; influencing skills; and strategic agility.
- Fluency in French is required and functional ability in English is required.
- Available to work the hours of the facility, with a 6:30 am start on average for the Manager, Monday through Fridays and some Saturdays during the high season. Conversely, during the low season there will be flexibility in hours for management.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.