The Manager, Logistics is responsible for managing a team in the transportation department and ensuring optimal product delivery. The individual is accountable for operating budget, contract management, periodic performance reviews, and managing the day-to-day performance.
- Ensure the optimal transportation of goods;
- Communicate with partners to ensure that goods arrive at the destination within the right delays;
- Provide leadership, coaching, development, and supervision to the employees under his supervision;
- Solve any escalated issue in a timely, accurate, and appropriate manner;
- Manage and control all key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Lead the team to improve KPI reports, analytics, and performance over time;
- Develop and communicate daily and weekly projections of the arrival of goods;
- Continuously search for new ways to optimize the operations of the department, in order to achieve and exceed budget and service-level goals;
- Establish, manage, and continuously improve standard operating procedures (SOP);
- Review sourcing and develop new partners for the department;
- Validate and approve invoices for work performed.
- Bachelor's degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or any other pertinent field;
- Seven (7) years of leadership experience in the field of Transportation/Supply Chain;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a fast-paced environment with a high volume;
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and good customer service skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to lead a team autonomously;
- Solid computer knowledge and skills, including a professional level understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (especially with Excel);
- Experience in the retail industry is an asset;
- Bilingual (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.