Manager, Internal Controls and Financial Processes
Reporting to the Director of Financial Information, the Manager, Internal Controls and Financial Processes is responsible for managing all aspects relating to the organization’s internal controls and financial processes (compliance with NI 52-109). This role will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization.
This role is responsible for leading internal controls over financial reporting assessments for business and finance processes by understanding the control environment, coordinating, scoping and testing of controls and processes, identifying and evaluating deficiencies, providing guidance and practical recommendations and highlighting internal control considerations for new systems or financial processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve the organization's financial operations and financial close process to optimize resource allocation and leverage technologies;
- Assist with the review, testing and implementation of new financial processes relating to new revenue streams, products, and financial systems;
- Plan and coordinate the annual review of internal control narratives and risk control matrices;
- Support business process owners with improving internal documentation and strengthening of internal controls;
- Develop a deep understanding of the organization's business, processes and internal controls to identify actions necessary to mitigate risks and improve efficiency;
- Develop a testing strategy and framework by determining the extent, timing and documentation required;
- Perform internal control testing by assessing the design and operating effectiveness while providing practical recommendations;
- Support with the ITGC (Information Technology General Controls) audit and follow-up on remediation or improvement plans;
- Coordinate and review SOC (Service Organization Control) reports;
- Lead internal control considerations for new financial processes or implementation of new systems;
- Establish specific follow-up procedures to monitor the implementation of internal control action plans;
- Prepare and present internal control and process documentation training guidelines;
- Work closely with external auditors throughout the internal control testing;
- Assist the Corporate Controller and external consultants in the establishment and training for 52-109 controls in an affiliated company.
- Professional title CPA or CIA;
- Minimum 4 years' experience in internal or external audits of publicly traded corporations;
- Strong knowledge of key regulations related to control environment (COSO framework 2013, NI 52-109, and Service Organization providers) and ITGCs (COBIT);
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written communications);
- Ability to organize, multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced and changing environment;
- Strong team player with a continuous improvement mindset;
- Experience with ITGC audits is an asset;
- SAP knowledge is a strong asset;
- Bilingualism French and English an asset
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.