Incident Management Specialist
Reporting to the Director, Legal Affairs, the Incident Management Specialist is responsible for preparing and reviewing documents related to claims and litigation management in our stores across Canada.
- Collect data regarding customer claims from various sources;
- Review and assess claims and propose course of action with supervisor;
- Communicate with clients (and clients' attorneys, as applicable);
- Review reports from insurers and external counsels, and update and maintain internal reports;
- Review legal documents for factual accuracy;
- Hold settlement discussions with clients (and clients' attorneys, as applicable);
- Prepare settlement documents and releases;
- Organize, track, and maintain files and case correspondence;
- Monitor follow-up actions (internally and externally) and manage key dates;
- Liaise with the Compliance team regarding product-related complaints, review and assess incidents involving products, propose responses to customers and discuss same with supervisor;
- Maintain internal management tools up to date;
- Prepare and update template documents;
- Conduct research, as needed; and
- Any other clerical duties to assist the legal team, as needed.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Paralegal diploma and/or experience working for an insurance company will be considered an asset;
- Bilingual with excellent drafting skills in English and French;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to negotiate;
- Ability to follow-up on files with minimal supervision;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.