Evening Supervisor, Reception Distribution Centre
The Supervisor, Reception, is responsible for implementing, executing and overseeing the distribution centre’s evening reception operations. He or she will participate in the launch of reception operations and will be the guarantor of the operational productivity of the department.
- Support his team in achieving organizational objectives by providing the appropriate resources and tools;
- Ensure that work shift priorities are well defined and executed;
- Be responsible for the performance of the department in terms of quality and inventory management for the work shift;
- Implement action plans to minimize planning and execution discrepancies;
- Control the fluidity of the department;
- Ensure compliance with the FIFO process related to pallets received;
- Act as a liaison officer with distribution departments and warehouses;
- Support his team leaders in the management of their teams;
- Coach and train members of his team;
- Collaborate in the process of recruiting, integrating and training of new employees;
- Promote best practices and respect for health and safety standards;
- Participate in the department's continuous improvement processes by suggesting ideas and overseeing certain initiatives;
- Review and ensure the integrity of the various reports within his department;
- Contribute to the implementation and compliance with procedures;
- Perform internal audits of the reception department and participate in the development of action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in administration, operations and logistics engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a supervisor;
- Minimum of two (2) years of warehouse or distribution centre experience;
- Proven experience in implementing and managing the growth of operations;
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel;
- Good communication skills;
- Good analytical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor, coach and develop employees;
- Willing to perform manual tasks;
- Well organized, with a great attention to detail;
- Experience in continuous improvement (an asset);
- Knowledge of SAP / WMS (an asset);
- Bilingualism (French and English).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.