Coordinator, Health and Safety
*Twelve (12) month contractual position*
Under the supervision of the disability manager, the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) coordinator is responsible for ensuring the compliance and application of occupational health and safety policies for the province of Quebec.
- Work in close collaboration with our external partner regarding the management of accidents in the workplace for store employees;
- Responsible for managing and processing the files of pregnant workers under the Safe Maternity Experience program (PMSD);
- Receive and analyze documents pertaining to occupational injuries or illnesses from stores (medical tickets, incident reports, etc.) and take the necessary actions to ensure proper follow-up of files;
- Provide the necessary information on employees who have suffered an accident in the workplace to the external partner, within a reasonable time frame;
- Prepare letters related to temporary assignment or modified work offers for certain employees based on existing models;
- Play an advisory role with employees and managers with respect to OHS matters;
- Make recommendations to correct problematic OHS situations in stores;
- Manage the administrative aspect of OHS files;
- Perform any other related task.
- College diploma (DEC) in occupational health and safety, human resource management or any other relevant field;
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a similar position;
- Knowledge of the OHS laws and regulations of the province of Quebec;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite of applications, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook; SAP is an asset;
- Sense of urgency and the ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment;
- Great attention to detail, discretion, sense of organization and resourcefulness;
- Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.