Reporting to the Director, Compliance & Regulatory Affairs, the Compliance Specialist will support all product compliance management activities. The Compliance Specialist will work collaboratively on projects with internal stakeholders such as Dollarama’s legal department and buyers, as well as with external vendors to support new product development and procurement processes and complete regulatory evaluation for new items.
- Collect and review technical labels, packaging, product formulations, and claims documentation to ensure the compliant labeling of products against the appropriate regulations, guidelines, and internal standards;
- Conduct store report reviews and assignation of level of complaints;
- Conduct product Material Safety Datasheet evaluations for Dangerous Goods classification based on product UN classification (flammable, corrosive, lithium batteries, etc) and maintain SDS Database up to date;
- Support investigations related to product quality and safety issues raised internally, by customers, or by government agencies;
- Support or initiate and follow up on corrective actions as required. Act with speed and efficiency during investigations and ensure timely resolution in collaboration with buyers and vendors;
- Draft investigation reports and complete applicable electronic notification forms on Health Canada’s web platform;
- Evaluate certification, audit and product technical reports to conduct product risk assessments for new and current vendors and make recommendations in accordance with applicable guidelines and standards;
- Collect and review technical certificate of analysis to ensure products comply with specifications and meet appropriate standards;
- Stay abreast of product safety and quality trends for various product categories such as consumer products, food products, natural health products, over the counter medications, cosmetics and medical devices;
- Conduct sample evaluation in the normal course and as required during product investigations to ensure product quality consistency and determine on-going acceptability standards of existing products; and
- Conduct batch release process for each reception in compliance with Health Canada Natural Health Product GMP guidelines and applicable Dollarama procedures.
- University degree, diploma, or DEC in Food Science, Nutrition, Chemistry or similar;
- One (1) year of relevant experience obtained at either a retailer or a company in the food or health product regulated industry;
- Knowledge and understanding of the applicable legislative and regulatory framework;
- Able to work effectively as an individual and collaboratively with team members;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Well organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high-volume environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Flexible and able to respond to occasional emergency product alerts on weekends.
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.