Reporting to the Buyer, the Assistant Buyer will be accountable in assisting, maintaining and developing the assigned product categories. The person will gather and analyze information for merchandising plans, improve product offerings, prepare various reports and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Identify new opportunities, such as new items presented by key vendors, sourcing items from other retailers, analyzing the market in identifying retail opportunities, and maximizing trends
- Maintain and analyze product categories and ensure the correct cost
- Visit competing retailers and identify product and retail pricing opportunities
- Identify and propose new product selection by spending time in our stores
- Find new suppliers by attending Trade Shows in Asia*
- Understand vendors' strengths and weaknesses to limit risk
- Ensure the quality of goods through supervision of approval samples
- Assist in the completion and tracking of purchase orders
- Attend buyer meetings, seasonal presentations and travel with the Buyer as needed*.
- ** International travel is expected in this role, pending COVID-19 restrictions**
- Diploma, DEC or AEC in Supply Chain or relevant field
- Two (2) to five (5) years of buying experience in the retail or import industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with a keen attention to detail
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to handle tight deadlines and many competing priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high volume environment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with ability to build working relationships
- Knowledge of MS Office is required with proven Excel ability
- Knowledge of SAP, an asset
- Flexible and available to travel when necessary
- Bilingual (English and French).
If you are excited by the opportunity to join a dynamic team and work for a highly successful and growing Canadian company, please send us your resume.
Send your resume
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted by our recruitment team.